Monday, September 12, 2016

Its a birthday card!


Hello everyone,

I have a birthday card to share using Penny Black dies and no stamping involved.

15th birthday card

I have used two Penny Black dies called Your Day and Numbers.

 

Started with smooshing distress inks Squeezed Lemonade, Salty Ocean, Twisted Citron for the first layer of colour wash. Then I added couple of layers of Mermaid Lagoon, Mowed Lawn and Mustard Seeds to add texture, layers and saturation to the colours. I left the panel to dry. By the way, I have used watercolor paper as my panel. Once the panel is dry, I embossed the Your Day die to wards the bottom of the panel. Then I embossed the "15th" above the happy birthday to the right. I love the embossing so I randomly embossed the "15" all over the paper. I adhered the panel on the card base. 

15th birthday closeup

Although I loved the embossed look of the dies, I felt that the sentiment got lost in all the layered colours of the background. To make the sentiment stand out, I die cut the Your Day die and "15th" out of white cardstock and adhered over the main embossed image. Now the main sentiment pops out of the background. I left the rest of the embossed images as it for added interest. To add contrast, I embellished with Onyx sequins from Pretty Pink Posh.

15th birthday flat

Hope you like my card. I gave this card to my daughter yesterday for her birthday! She loved it.
All the Penny Black die I used to make this card are available for purchase from Penny Black store.

Thanks for stopping by my blog today!

My blog signature

4 comments:

Dawn T said...

A beautiful card Gayatri. Happy Birthday to your daughter.

Karen said...

love the way the white sentiment pops off your beautiful background!

Karin Ã…kesdotter said...

This is so cool! Love it!!!

Heidi MyLittleStampingBlog said...

Such a great card, and especially for a teen! Really fun!